05/2017

The loss of life of veteran actor, Olumide Bakare, within the early hours of Saturday has despatched shock waves by the Yoruba sector of the Nigerian movie trade.
Bakare, who rose to fame when he performed the function of Chief Koko within the now rested tv collection, Koko Shut within the ‘90s, had been critically in poor health for a while. He was earlier admitted into the Intensive Care Unit of the College Faculty Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Oyo State after he was diagnosed of coronary heart and lung associated diseases.
His well being situation was stated to have worsened in the midst of the evening and he was rushed to the UCH by his private assistant. He nonetheless gave up the ghost earlier than arriving on the hospital.
Whereas formally saying the dying of the actor yesterday, ace actor and president, Theatre Arts & Film Practitioners Affiliation of Nigeria (TAMPAN) , Mr. Dele Odule, mentioned Bakare died on the age of sixty four.
"I formally announce the dying of certainly one of us, a veteran actor, Olumide Bakare (Chief Koko). He slept yesterday on the age of sixty four. You’ll be posted with different preparations," he said.
The sixty four-yr-outdated entertainer had come out in 2016 soliciting monetary assist from effectively-which means Nigerians to assist foot the invoice of his near N30,000 every day therapy. He was reported to have stated that the ailment began in 2013. He's survived by 4 youngsters - Olabode, a pastor within the United States; Oluwamayowa, a businessman in Lagos; Oluwatofunmi, a graduate of Ekiti State College and Halimat, the final of them. In the meantime artistes are mourning the useless actor.
Famend musician, Tee Mac Omatshola Iseli expressed shock on the loss of life of Bakare, saying he was not conscious that the deceased suffered coronary heart/lungs-associated illness for lengthy earlier than his loss of life.
"This is sort of shocking to me as I by no means knew he was in poor health; I don’t have a private relationship with him however we met at totally different gatherings throughout his life time. "He took performing critically whereas alive; and had left a very good legacy and a very good title which is healthier than fortune," he stated.
Miss Ayo Orobiyi, popularly known as Adunni Nefretitti, mentioned that the veteran actor was an energetic actor, including that she used to admire his baritone voice. "It is unlucky that no one got here to his rescue when he wanted monetary help. I want him a peaceful relaxation and that i condole with the household the deceased left behind additionally.
"This is a good loss and that i pray God will grant the household the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss," the folks singer stated.
Mr. Kehinde Oluwafunsho, the Nigeria consultant of The Pan African Historic Theatre Venture (PANAFEST) stated that the actor was very versatile, having featured in each Yoruba and English films.
He mentioned Bakare was a profitable man who achieved significantly in Nollywood. "He was an important veteran and good actor; born to do what he did on stage, no stress to get us arrested by his good performing. "His voice would thunder; his huge, rich-man posture was with out equal within the business.
"It might be very troublesome to change this nice man, might his soul relaxation in peace," he mentioned.
Fred Amata, President, Directors’ Guild of Nigeria (DGN), stated that demise would obliterate his legacy on the minds of individuals. "It is unhappy that we now have misplaced one in all our veteran actors within the leisure business however we should give glory to God for He's the giver and taker of life.
"Although Bakare is lifeless, he will proceed to stay on by means of his works and contributions to Nollywood, within the minds of his followers and buddies,’’ he stated.
Amata condoled with the household of the deceased and prayed that God would grant them the fortitude to bear the loss. Emeka Ibeh, President, Actors’ Guild of Nigeria (AGN), stated, "I actually have no idea the deceased in individual however from his works and contributions to the event of Nollywood, he could be vastly missed by his followers. "I pray that God grants his members of the family the energy to bear the loss, at a time like this," he stated.
Ibeh urged thespians within the nation to proceed to affect positively within the leisure trade, saying that their good works would undoubtedly outlive them.
Afeez Oyetoro, a Nigerian comedian actor popularly often known as ‘Saka’, stated that Bakare’s demise got here as a shock to him, though he was conscious that the deceased was very sick.
Saka mentioned that Bakare could be drastically missed within the leisure trade and prayed for the household to have the energy to bear the loss.
Tagged: