Presented by Fashion Island's Style Week Orange County

Ahead of Fashion Island's Style Week Orange County in Newport Beach, we sit down with Devon Cruse, author of fashion and lifestyle website Devon Rachel, to talk about the trends she currently loves and her beach bag essentials.

http://www.marieprom.co.uk/evening-dresses

photos:cocktail dresses uk

If you’re an avid blog reader, chances are you’re already a fan of Texas-raised, Los Angeles-based blogger Devon Cruse. Her blog, Devon Rachel, is chock-full of inspiring content on everything from fashion to lifestyle tips and interior décor.

There’s no denying the girl has got style in spades, which is why we’re excited to be celebrating Style Week Orange County at Fashion Island in September with her. In the meantime, we chatted with Cruse about her current favorite trends, how LA has changed her style, and what’s next for her blog.

What inspired you to start your blog?

DEVON CRUSE: I started my blog in 2011 as a new year's resolution as a junior in college in Texas. I was working at an interior and clothing boutique, and just stumbled upon the concept of a blog. It was a very foreign thing for me, as it was for everyone at the time. I just became addicted to them. I was honestly terrified of what my peers would say in college, but I started it and I’ve been here ever since.

What drew you to Los Angeles?

DC: A month before graduation, I applied for an internship working with Taylor Jacobson, a celebrity stylist in Los Angeles. Previously, I was going to go into something corporate like pharmaceutical sales. [Then] I got an email to interview with [Taylor Jacobson], so I hopped on a plane to LA and I got the job. I learned so much working for them. I was doing my blog at the same time and it kind of evolved. In 2013, I started to blog full time.

Did your style change at all when you moved to LA?

DC: Oh my gosh yes, so much and in a good way. There’s so many people to be inspired by and just things to be inspired by. I think I just learned a lot more about fashion, interior design, and graphic design, and kind of developed a better taste of certain things.

What are some of your favorite LA spots to hang out?

DC: My favorite spot is definitely Abbot Kinney Boulevard. There’s so many different things to do, eat, or shop. I also really like the Larchmont area because it’s kind of a hidden gem. As for eating,Birdies Donuts in Downtown LA is definitely one of my favorite places to go. It’s a sweet treat. If you’re looking for a restaurant, [try] Mercado for Mexican food.

What fashion pieces are you really obsessing over right now?

DC: Statement sleeves. Blouses that have really cool bell sleeves, or just really long or oversized sleeves. I’m really into that right now. And chokers and fun delicate jewelry, and layering two pieces like that together with more casual outfits.

What are some of your pool and beach bag essentials?

DC: Definitely SPF like crazy. I’m a psycho about how much SPF I put on and [use] a huge hat. Those are two majors. As for brands, I like Shiseido 50+ sunscreen. I also have a good book or magazine, a cute towel, a little Polaroid camera, and a few snacks.

What are some of your favorite places to shop for home décor?

DC: A couple of good ones in LA are Garde, Gibson on Beverly, and HD Buttercup obviously. Online, [I like] Dot and Bo and All Modern.

Where do you hope to take your blog next?

DC: In the near future, I’m really excited because I have a brand new website. It’s completely different. I’m switching from Blogger to Wordpress. There will [also] be weekly videos. I’m taking things up a notch and having a big video component. I’ve been really wanting to do that for a while now. In addition to that, [I have] a lot of really exciting home interior and lifestyle content that will be airing over the next few months. I just completed my new house, so I’m going to be showing that finally and just amping that up.

Read more:cocktail dresses